Saint-Adelphe (Québec), April 6, 2022 —Mr. Faouzi Metouilli, president of La Boîte interculturelle is awarded the Order of La Pléiade 2022.
Involved in his community for years, Mr. Metouilli has served as President of La Boîte interculturelle since 2018 and since 2014 as President of the Moroccan Association of Toronto. He is also a member of the Consultative Committee for Francophone Racial and Ethnocultural Minorities (MREF), a member of the National Payroll Institute, and President of MF Conseils & Affaires.
Mr. Faouzi Metouilli holds a bachelor’s degree in international economic and political relations from Mohammed V University and obtained academic recognition in economics from York University. Having obtained several certifications in human resources and payroll management granted by the National Payroll Institute; he holds an Essential MBA from the University of Toronto as well as a Certificate in Inclusive Governance and a Certificate in Workplace Culture and Success from Glendon-York University. He has 25 years of experience in education, administration and community relations, primarily in human resources and payroll.
It is with great honour that La Boîte interculturelle will take part in the official investiture ceremony of the Order of La Pléiade 2022, during which Mr. Metouilli will be decorated with the insignia of the Order of La Pléiade.
“This insignia confers well-deserved recognition for his contribution to Canadian society, to the Francophonie and to the intercultural dialogue.”Nathalie Lévesque, founder and executive director of La Boîte
The Order of La Pléiade is an order of the International Organization of La Francophonie (OIF). It was established in 1976 by the Parliamentary Assembly of La Francophonie (APF). This is the highest honour given by the APF.
With an international vocation, the Order of La Pléiade aims to recognize the merits of personalities who have particularly distinguished themselves by serving the ideals of the APF (French-speaking cooperation and friendship).
La Boîte interculturelle would also like to congratulate the other recipients:
- Mr. Jean-Claude Carrière (New Liskeard) — Chevalier
- Ms. Marie-Claude Doucet (Cumberland) — Chevalière
- Dre Vera Etches (Nepean) — Chevalière
- M. Pierre Riopel (Alban) — Chevalier
- Ms. Dorine Tcheumeleu (Belle River) — Chevalière
For further details, please visit the Assemblée Parlementaire de la Francophonie (APF).
Who we are
- Created in 2018, La Boîte interculturelle is a non-profit organization located in Quebec, Canada. Its main mission is to create bridges between communities by offering favourable conditions for creation and dialogue. We do not sell services, we create unique experiences of exchange, sharing in collaboration with artists and partners wishing to strengthen ties and forge new ones between communities.
Our approach is characterized and guided by three fundamental elements:
- Culture – What distinguishes us from one another—our way of life, traditions and customs—but also something that can be shared with others.
- Exchange – An act imbued with the desire to share and learn from each other.
- Change – To become the facilitators of changes we wish to see around us.
For further information, please contact:
La Boîte interculturelle